Travel Agent Job at Beacon Global Solutions, Lagos Full-time Job6 months ago - Travel - Lagos - 25 views
Job DetailsJOB TYPE: Full-time
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: less than 1 year
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:.
* Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
* Process sales or other transactions.
* Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
* Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs.
* Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
* Calculate costs of goods or services.
* Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
* Prepare sales or other contracts.
* Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
* Sell products or services.
* Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
* Distribute promotional literature or samples to customers.
* Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
* Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
* Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
* Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
* Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
* Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required for these occupations. For example, an electrician must have completed three or four years of apprenticeship or several years of vocational training, and often must have passed a licensing exam, in order to perform the job.
* Education: Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
* Training: Employees in these occupations usually need one or two years of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
MODE OF APPLICATION.
• Qualified candidates should forward their CV details to beaconglobalsolutions @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.